Please notify Mother Goose School in the morning if your child will be staying
home due to illness. Please keep your child at home if:
* he/she has a fever or has had one during the previous 24 hour period.
* he/she is taking antibiotic for less than 48 hours.
* he/she has heavy nasal discharge.
* he/she has a constant cough.
* he/she has diarrhea.
* he/she is fussy, cranky, or generally not him or herself.
* he/she has symptoms of a communicable disease (these include sniffles,
reddened eyes, sore throat, headache, abdominal pain, and/or a fever.)
If your child has a communicable disease, it is important that you inform
Mother Goose School immediately. Mother Goose School has a responsibility to
contact other parents and the Health Department regarding some diseases.
Illnesses Which Require Exclusion
- Chicken Pox - Until all lesions are crusted
- Conjunctivitis - Until 48 hours after diagnosed and treated by a physician
- Head Lice - Pediculocide treatment required; remove ALL nits (eggs attached to hair follicles)
- Measles - Medical release required. Immediately advise parents of other children to consult their physician
Nap Time - Classes
Our schedule keeps children busy, and at this age children need to sleep or at least rest in preparation for the afternoon. If you need to pick-up a child early, please notify the office before 11:30 so that your child does not go into the nap room.
A blanket should be brought with the child on his/her first day, clearly labeled with
his/her name. These are kept at school and washed on the premises weekly or as
needed. Children in Level D have a quiet/rest time after their lunch recess.
Please let us know if your child will be leaving Mother Goose School on an
extended vacation so the teachers can plan accordingly.
- Keep it simple with your child's interest in mind.
- Less is more for young children, too much activity can be frustrating.
- Everyone needs reminders to RSVP.
- Parent participation: Get parents to help, your party will run more smoothly.
- Goodie bags: Useful and educational trumps junk!